Undergraduate Module Descriptor
PHL2041: Feminist Philosophy: Gender, Race and Class
This module descriptor refers to the 2023/4 academic year.
Indicative Reading List
This reading list is indicative - i.e. it provides an idea of texts that may be useful to you on this module, but it is not considered to be a confirmed or compulsory reading list for this module.
Basic readings include the following sources:
- Angela Davis, Women Race and Class, 1981
- Judith Butler, Gender Trouble 1990
- Nancy Fraser, Social Justice in the Age of Identity Politics (1996).
- Carol Gilligan: In A Different Voice (1982), Harvard University Press.
- Patricia Collins Hill and Sirma Bilge (2016),Intersectionality,
- Donna Haraway: Situated knowledges: The science question in feminism and the privilege of partial perspective (1988), Signs Vol. 14.
- bell hooks (1984) Feminist Theory from Margin to Center, South End Press
- Michael S. Kimmel (1998), Men Doing Feminism
- Mohanty, C., Russo, A. and Torres, L. (1991) Third World Women and the Politics of Feminism. Bloomington: Indiana University Press
- Uma Narayan and Sandra Harding (eds.): Decentering the Center: Philosophy for a Multicultural Postcolonial and Feminist World (2000), Indiana University Press.