Undergraduate Module Descriptor
PHL2041: Feminist Philosophy: Gender, Race and Class
This module descriptor refers to the 2023/4 academic year.
This module aims to:
- Provide knowledge about philosophical theories of identity, difference and equality
- provide you with an understanding of thematic developments in feminist theory and practice
- engage you in current debates about discrimination and equality, biology and difference
- develop your skills in analysis, argument, discussion, and writing
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the theories and problems discussed in the module;|
2. demonstrate a good level of understanding of the methodological and conceptual problems of critique.
|Discipline-Specific Skills||3. demonstrate a good level of understanding of the interrelation between theories, values, and political conditions;|
4. demonstrate sound knowledge of different types of philosophical social and political analysis.
|Personal and Key Skills||5. demonstrate the ability to conduct research independently and to discuss complex present-day issues;|
6. demonstrate a high level of ability in writing reflective academic essays;
7. demonstrate the ability to present your own analyses of the implications theories have on the kinds of arguments which people put forth as convincing in political debates.