Undergraduate Module Descriptor
ANT3044: Imagined Futures: Environment, Industry, Health and Society
This module descriptor refers to the 2023/4 academic year.
Indicative Reading List
This reading list is indicative - i.e. it provides an idea of texts that may be useful to you on this module, but it is not considered to be a confirmed or compulsory reading list for this module.
- Brown, N., & Rappert, B. (2017). Contested futures: A sociology of prospective techno-science. Routledge.
- de La Bellacasa, M. P. (2017). Matters of care: Speculative ethics in more than human worlds (Vol. 41). U of Minnesota Press.
- Jasanoff, S., & Kim, S. H. (2015). Dreamscapes of modernity: Sociotechnical imaginaries and the fabrication of power. University of Chicago Press.
- Ong, A., & Collier, S. J. (Eds.). (2008). Global assemblages: Technology, politics, and ethics as anthropological problems. John Wiley & Sons.
- Rajan, K. S. (Ed.). (2012). Lively capital: Biotechnologies, ethics, and governance in global markets. Duke University Press.
- Shove, E., & Spurling, N. (2013). Sustainable practices: Social theory and climate change. In Sustainable Practices (pp. 1-13). Routledge.