Undergraduate Module Descriptor
ANT3032: Culture and Perception
This module descriptor refers to the 2018/9 academic year.
- To consider classic and current literature on culture and perception
- To compare different theoretical models of culture and how culture works
- To critically assess claims about value, veracity and causality in accounts about reality
- To be aware of how cultural theories of reality and perception have applications in relation to real-world problems (such as health/illness, disability and identity politics)
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. demonstrate an awareness of classic and current literature on culture and perception;|
2. identify the practices that buttress claims about the nature of reality;
|Discipline-Specific Skills||3. exemplify theoretical concepts with grounded case study examples;|
4. critically assess key perspectives on culture and perception;
|Personal and Key Skills||5. critically assess claims about the nature of reality in everyday life; and|
6. write persuasively about aspects of the social world.