Undergraduate Module Descriptor
PHL2060: Philosophy of Emotion
This module descriptor refers to the 2019/0 academic year.
You will learn about the most influential philosophical accounts of the emotions, such as feeling theories and cognitive theories. You will also learn about different philosophical accounts of feelings, moods, and other affective experiences. Whereas the module will cover mainly philosophical theories of emotion, you will also learn about psychological studies of emotion.
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. Clearly and correctly illustrate a variety of philosophical accounts of the emotions;|
2. Identify specific philosophical problems in the study of emotion;?
3. Evaluate a variety of accounts of the nature of emotions whilst developing your own perspective;
|Discipline-Specific Skills||4. Illustrate a variety of philosophical positions on a specific topic;?|
5. Evaluate, orally and in writing, different philosophical positions;
6. Distinguish between sound and unsound arguments, and provide constructive criticisms;
|Personal and Key Skills||7. Engage in arguments verbally as an individual and in small groups;|
8. Engage with and report accurately on existing written material.