Undergraduate Module Descriptor
ANT3040: Anthropology Dissertation
This module descriptor refers to the 2019/0 academic year.
This module will be comprised of independent research and supportive seminars in which you can present and discuss your research with peers and members of staff. You will gain strong research and presentation skills in addition to specific knowledge on a chosen topic. You will develop and present a major piece of academic writing grounded in empirical research, which will be invaluable in any professional environment where research skills are required.
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. display an ability to apply anthropological methods and concepts of analysis to independently researched material;|
2. display in depth understanding of the field/issues which form the subject matter of the dissertation;
|Discipline-Specific Skills||3. display comprehensive knowledge of relevant anthropological literature; |
4. demonstrate a general understanding of key debates in anthropological theory;
5. collect, analyse and present original research material with reference to appropriate anthropological approaches and theories;
|Personal and Key Skills||6. select, digest and organise material collected in independent research; |
7. manage and organize the different phases of the research project from conception to final presentation;
8. prepare a substantive written presentation of the material and arguments.