Undergraduate Module Descriptor
This module descriptor refers to the 2018/9 academic year.
Indicative Reading List
This reading list is indicative - i.e. it provides an idea of texts that may be useful to you on this module, but it is not considered to be a confirmed or compulsory reading list for this module.
Indicative reading list:
Core module texts:
- Dermot Moran & Tim Mooney, eds., The Phenomenology Reader (New York: Routledge, 2002).
- Dermot Moran, Introduction to Phenomenology (New York: Routledge, 2000).
In addition, extracts from the following philosophical works will be discussed in lectures and tutorials:
- Jean-Paul Sartre, Being and Nothingness
- Simone de Beauvoir, The Second Sex
- Maurice Merleau-Ponty, Phenomenology of Perception
- Emmanuel Levinas, Totality and Infinity
- Martin Heidegger, Being and Time
- Edmund Husserl, The Crisis of the European Sciences
- Edith Stein, On the Problem of Empathy