Postgraduate Module Descriptor
SSIM913: Longitudinal Data Analysis
This module descriptor refers to the 2022/3 academic year.
This module will equip you with an understanding and practical knowledge of longitudinal data analysis and its applications. It will provide you with tools to critically assess existing research that uses longitudinal analysis and to carry out independent research. In addition, you will gain experience in using Stata software for advanced data analysis.
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. Develop detailed understanding of key concepts, principles and uses of longitudinal methods;|
2. Understand the advantages and limitations of longitudinal techniques;
3. Critically assess empirical studies that employ longitudinal methods;
4. Gain knowledge of methodological applications of life course analysis.
|Discipline-Specific Skills||5. Become familiar with applied research methods for policy evaluation;|
6. Develop understanding of principles of research design, causal inference and data quality;
7. Develop understanding of a range of advanced quantitative methods.
|Personal and Key Skills||8. Become familiar with a range of data analysis techniques;|
9. Apply quantitative research methods in your own research.