Postgraduate Module Descriptor
SSIM907: Policy Analytics: Dissertation or Research Consultancy Project
This module descriptor refers to the 2022/3 academic year.
This module aims to:
- provide you with an opportunity to conduct independent research-based academic work in the area of policy analytics related to an area in which to pursue further research or their career
- develop your ability to apply originality and data analysis skills alongside theory and practice to a specific research topic. This may be consultancy or workplace based.
- enhance your awareness of the methodological, ethical and practical concerns of social science and data driven research.
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. Demonstrate in depth knowledge of a specialised subject area;|
2. Design an individual research programme, incorporating appropriate policy analytic methods;
3. Collate and analyse subject-specific information from a range of appropriate sources;
|Discipline-Specific Skills||4. Assimilate and critically analyse data from an appropriate range of sources;|
5. Demonstrate how research fits within policy context and the implications that the research will have for policy practitioners
|Personal and Key Skills||6. Develop cogent arguments;|
7. Communicate complex information and ideas effectively in writing;
8. Undertake an individual research project;
9. Manage your own work.