Postgraduate Module Descriptor
This module descriptor refers to the 2021/2 academic year.
The aim of this module is to pursue an individual programme of research, applying appropriate research methodologies and drawing on appropriate materials, to a topic approved by the programme director and under the guidance of an academic supervisor.
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. demonstrate an depth knowledge of anthrozoological scholarship, theory and methods;|
2. design an individual programme of anthrozoological research which identifies a cogent and realistic research question and utilises appropriate research methods to acquire data from a range of relevant sources;
3. undertake an original, coherent individual research project which makes a valuable contribution to anthrozoological scholarship.
|Discipline-Specific Skills||4. assimilate and critically analyse data from an appropriate range of anthrozoological sources;|
5. apply appropriate theoretical models in the analysis of your data;
6. develop a cogent argument and communicate complex information and ideas effectively, conforming to appropriate scholarly standards of referencing;
|Personal and Key Skills||7. effectively use IT for information retrieval and presentation. |
8. manage your own work and take responsibility for the successful completion of the research project.