Postgraduate Module Descriptor
SOCM031: Evidence-Based Policing
This module descriptor refers to the 2018/9 academic year.
This module aims to provide you with introductory knowledge of evidence-based policing. It aims to teach you how to use police data to create research projects and answer relevant questions for the police.
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. Demonstrate detailed knowledge of evidence-based policing;|
2. Critically assess the application of research in practice;
3. Show a comprehensive ability to apply research methods and data analysis skills to answer research questions;
|Discipline-Specific Skills||4. Independently conduct analysis of quantitative data;|
5. Demonstrate a critical and in-depth understanding of policing research and the implications for relevant policy;
6. Critically and systematically assess strengths and weaknesses of quantitative research designs in social sciences;
|Personal and Key Skills||7. Present an argument orally in a clear, organized and effective manner;|
8. Effectively communicate results of research in written form to the deadline;
9. Work in a group within a limited time frame to complete a specified task.