Postgraduate Module Descriptor
SOCM029: Data Visualisation
This module descriptor refers to the 2018/9 academic year.
The main aims of the module are:
- To understand and apply principles of data visualization
- To develop skills in capturing and managing data for visualisation
- To analyze subject relevant data sets using data visualisation techniques
- To learn to quantitatively and qualitatively evaluate existing visualizations
- To further develop skills in using the ggplot2 package for R and related packages for data visualisation.
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of R for data visualisation |
2. understand code in R and implement appropriate commands to perform relevant analyses
3. Understand principles of and appropriate use of data visualization to communicate data analysis.
|Discipline-Specific Skills||4. Develop coding skills in a way that results in high level of synergies with quantitative research skills.|
5. manipulate data in R and use the appropriate analytic tools.
6. interpret output from each program and draw appropriate inference regarding the hypotheses being tested.
|Personal and Key Skills||7. Demonstrate understanding of computing skills |
8. Demonstrate understanding of data management skills