Postgraduate Module Descriptor
SOCM028: Policy Analytics: Data Driven Policy Analysis and Evidence Based Decision-making
This module descriptor refers to the 2018/9 academic year.
This is the core module for the MSc in Policy Analytics and aims to equip you with an understanding of the core concepts related to policy analytics and the research methods and data analysis skills to support evidence-based decision making in the policy process. It aims to equip you with a broad range of relevant skills and knowledge, allowing them to formulate research questions and later carry out their own research projects or a consultancy project.
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. Develop understanding of the principles of policy analytics and the policy process |
2. Develop critical understanding of policy cycle
3. Understand the relationship between data analysis and evidence-based decision making
4. Develop appreciation of different data analysis techniques and links to policy analysis and evaluation
|Discipline-Specific Skills||5. Develop understanding of issues posed by evidence based decision-making and policy analysis|
6. Develop understanding of principles of research design, causal inference and data quality
7. Develop understanding of a range of advanced quantitative methods
|Personal and Key Skills||8. Demonstrate familiarity with a range of data analysis techniques|
9. Communicate analysis to a broad audience